Good Hand Health Tips
Ulu 5” Rocker Knife with 8” Cutting Board & Sharpener
This knife has a unique design: rounded blade with a handle on top. Eskimos have used Ulu knives for centuries. The use of these knives was as diverse as skinning animals, chopping food, cutting hair and even trimming blocks of ice.Purchase From Our E-Store
Why would I use this Knife over a regular cutting knife?
You can feel safe holding this knife, even when your hands hurt from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Hold the rounded handle loosely, with an open grip. The knife handle rests more on your palm, rather than on your thumb pad. You use less cutting force.
Why this knife and cutting board set?
The rounded knife and hollowed cutting board come as a set. The board is specifically designed to cradle the knife as you cut. The 8” cutting board is a great size for cutting items and carrying them to the stove. It also has a storage groove for the blade, so they can be stored together. During her Carpal Tunnel Syndrome recovery, Coach Cathy found this knife to be the only one she could hold and actually use without dropping. The whole Carpal Tunnel Coaching team approves its quality.
What do I use the Ulu knife for?
- Filleting fish
- Cutting meat
- Chopping vegetables
- Slicing cheese
- Slicing pizza
- Cutting fruit
- Dicing onions
- Building igloos!
How do I use the knife?
- Hold beveled side of blade away from you
- Use a rocking or sweeping motion to cut
- Keep your wrist straight
- Keep the blade in contact with the cutting board
- Use the full length of the blade
- Experiment until you find your own style
How do I sharpen the blade?
Use the Ulu sharpener, specifically designed for the Rocker Blade or your own sharpener. Sharpen only the beveled side. Remember, a sharp knife is easier and safer to use.
How are the Ulu knives crafted?
- High quality American-made 420 stainless steel
- Heat-treated to a 53 Rockwell Hardness to keep the blade sharp for years
- Alaskan birch handle
- Alaskan and birch and maple cutting board
How do I clean my Ulu knife?
- Wash in warm soapy water
- Do NOT put in the dishwasher
- Oil the wood handle and cutting board regularly
Videos sent instantly to your email address!